Inspectors wanted !
The International Marine Certification Institute (IMCI) is the market leader of CE certifiers under the Recreational Craft Directive (2013-53-EU).
IMCI also certifies other products in the marine industry and marinas.
IMCI is very proud of its worldwide network of freelance Inspectors in many countries. All Inspectors meet high quality standards set by the accreditation standards ISO 17020 and ISO 17065 on the one hand and by IMCI itself on the other hand.
Are you a naval architect or master boat builder interested in working as an IMCI Inspector? Then we would be very pleased if you would contact us.
Team spirit, short and fast decision-making processes and fun at work characterise our working atmosphere. Thereby, the customer is always at the centre of our activities.
- An innovative, international and challenging working environment in the marine industry
- An attractive and pleasant working atmosphere in an international team
- Cooperation with a certification body that has been established since 1993
- 6-language head office
- Clear and transparent work processes
- Working for the market leader with over 3,000 customers in more than 75 countries
- Large international network of more than 50 colleagues from over 20 countries
- Regular internal and external training (at IMCI's expense)
- A flat hierarchy and fast decision-making processes
- Access to all required ISO standards (at IMCI's expense)
- Access to all required guidelines and documents
- Free choice of geographical sphere of action
- Global platform for exchange of experience and knowledge transfer
- Participation in the development and maintenance of ISO standards and other technical rules
- Cooperation with an international network of test facilities
- Large, up-to-date and long-range technical database
- Long-standing cooperation with the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) in Chicago, IL
- Intensive cooperation with the standards writer American Boat- & Yacht Council (ABYC) in Annapolis, MD
- Assessments on behalf of World Sailing (WS)
- Other certification programmes outside of CE certification for marinas and dealers.
- A degree as naval architect, master boat builder or equivalent
- Independent and structured work
- Several years of professional experience in boat- or shipbuilding
- Cross-national, intercultural cooperation in a network
- Willingness to work within an existing quality assurance system
- Commitment to the global marine industry
- Good networking with the marine industry association in your country
- Open-mindedness and adaptability to changing technical, scientific and economic market requirements
- Willingness to travel within your country and worldwide if required
- Good conduct as a representative at trade fairs and conferences
- English language skills in addition to your mother tongue
- German language skills are not a prerequisite but an advantage
We look forward to ambitious employees who would like to actively shape the further success of IMCI.
If you are interested in working in our international IMCI team we look forward to receiving your application preferably by email to
INTERNATIONAL MARINE CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE
Dipl.-Ing. Ulrich Heinemann
International Marine Certification Institute
B - 4731 EYNATTEN