The Recreational Craft Sectoral Group (RSG) has been established to assist in the uniform application and interpretation of the actual version of the Recreational Craft Directive 2013-53-EU (RCD).
The composition of RSG comprises the following parties:
- Notified Bodies
- EU Commission
- Recreational Craft Industry
- User Organisations
- European Standardisation Bodies
The objectives of co-operation within the RSG
- to share experience and exchange views on the application of the conformity assessment procedures with the aim of contributing to a uniform understanding and application of requirements and procedures;
- to elaborate opinions from a technical point of view on matters of conformity assessment procedures by seeking a consensus;
- to give advice to the EU Commission following its request on subjects related to the application of the RCD;
- to consider aspects of ethics related to Notified Body activities and to elaborate, if necessary, statements on that topic;
- to remain in coherence with standardisation work at European and international level;
- to remain informed of harmonisation activities at European level.
The RSG Guidelines are prepared to assist Market Surveillance Authorities, Notified Bodies and Industry.