New EU Official Journal publicationAccording to the Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/404 of 3 March 2022 amending Implementing Decision (EU) 2019/919 as regards EN ISO 8847:2021 "Small craft - Steering gear - Cable over pulley systems" has been harmonised.
In order to give manufacturers sufficient time to prepare for the application of standard EN ISO 8847:2021, the date of withdrawal of the EN ISO 8817:2017 has been extended until 10 September 2023. Until then both standards give the Presumption of Conformity.
The main changes of the new standard compared to its predecessor are as follows:
- update of the scope to clarify application on small craft with and without propulsion engine(s)
- addition to the scope of small craft with outboard engines up to and including 37 kW total power
- update of the definitions
- update of requirements to meet state of the art
- addition of informative Annexes A and B.
Please feel free to direct any questions about this document to IMCI.
Be aware that according to Article 7, cl. 4 of the Directive 2013/53/EU it is the manufacturer’s obligation to use always the latest harmonised standard in order to achieve Presumption of Conformity.
The above-mentioned version of the Official Journal may not have been correctly cited here. Therefore, only the publication in the EU Official Journal referred to above is valid.
Here you can see the current list of ISO standards used under Directive 2013/53/EU on Recreational Craft and Personal Watercraft.